Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Five Powerful Article Marketing Tips


When I began my journey as an online marketer, I learned from several mentors the great importance of article marketing in your business plan. The ability to share value with others, speak with my target market directly, and gain exposure for my business sounded very attractive to me. So, I dove in and began sharing what I have been learning about online marketing through articles.


Through trial and error, I have found that there are five key article marketing tips to keep in mind when devising your article marketing plan.

1. SHARING VALUE - Your article must contain value for your target market. Lets assume that your market needs to learn about the specific advantages of several WordPress plugins. You could write an article on not only how to install the plugin, but also how to edit it, and how to utilize it to the maximum for best results. You could also give examples of the results you have received by using the particular plugin. I know I love to read about specific case studies of how a certain technique has helped an individual.

2. BULLET POINTS - I know that I really appreciate information being broken down into digestible chunks. In other words, the simpler, the better. When learning about a new technique, if it is presented in a cryptic manner that takes a while to work through, I will move on to another technique, and will most likely be missing out on some valuable information. Since we are trying to provide value to our audience, keep it short and easy to read.

3. LINK TO YOUR ARTICLE - Once you have posted your article, its a good idea to post links to your masterpiece. Three services that I find valuable are Ping.fm, Pingler.com and Linklicious.me. These are all Free and Very effective in creating backlinks to your content.

4. CROSS REFERENCE YOUR ARTICLES - When composing your article, it is beneficial to you and your reader to provide links to other related articles you have written. For example, if you are writing about how to set up a WordPress blog, you could insert a link to a recent article you wrote about effective WordPress themes for different types of businesses. This helps your reader gain more breadth of knowledge on the subject of blogs and this helps you with backlinks to your content.

5. USE AN AUTORESPONDER - When someone gains value from your article and enjoys your writing style, they will be eager to read more of your work. If you have a link in your author resource box to a website (like your personal blog) that has your opt-in box linked to your autoresponder, the reader may easily sign up to receive more information from you. This is a great first step in building a solid relationship with your readers.

Article Marketing is powerful and can substantially improve your online presence. Your content will be on the web for many years to come and can be a very effective way of drawing interest to your business. Hopefully these article marketing tips will help you on your journey. Now, get out there, share great value, and start to build lasting relationships.

By Melinda Storrs

0 comments:

Post a Comment